Tuesday 9 March 2010

Get Your Art Together

I am finally a 'real' artist! I sold two of my pieces at the 'Get Your Art Together' show at the weekend! I rather foolishly forgot to take a photo of my stall, but I WAS there, and I DID sell my work!!! :o) Yay!!
It was rather a strange feeling, because it was as if I had my heart on show, in my paintings and I felt very vulnerable, standing there next to my art work, wondering if anyone would actually pay for any pieces! But it was a very good experience none the less!

There were some amazing pieces of work being shown there and it was a priviledge to be part of a fundraising event where the two girls involved are going to give help and support to so many children in need. They raised about £700 from the variety performance held in the evening and the art exhibition to go towards their costs so it was well worth it!!

Well, that's all for now, take care.
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your sales and welcome to the World of Art. There's almost nothing as selling one's art. Thanks for your comment about the Ruffled Bible.--Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Well done you!! Exciting stuff! When's the next exhibition then?? ;o)

    ReplyDelete