Saturday 20 March 2010

The Narnian Obsession



My all time favourite set of books. My dad used to read them to my brother and I before bedtime when we were younger. Love the films so far. Have tried reading The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to my eldest already but it is a bit too old for him. But we do love to watch the film as a family each Christmastime as a Christmas family tradition. So you are not to be surprised that this passion leaks out into my art work from time to time! I have already got two paintings which are both up in our home inspired by the series and I am now intending on doing some more work with this theme in mind.

I picked a random page from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe book to use as part of this little flower and am just playing about with it really, but thought you might want to see it anyway. I like it!

Well that's all for now. Have a great evening!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chronicles of Narnia. My mum first read The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe to my sister & I when we were 5/6 years old! We loved it! We loved the BBC dramatisation of the chronicles when we were in primary school too. Our boys loved the recent Lion, Witch & Wardrobe film. Lee & I watched Prince Caspian but it isn't something we'll be watching together as a family anytime soon....

    Anyway, lovely flower. What will you do with it? But how can you bear to cut out pages from a book let alone a book you love????? How's the sewing machine going? Look forward to seeing more creativity soon!

    Love Emily :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments on my blog today. That meant a lot for someone to care. Blessed-cute flower on this post...Sally

    ReplyDelete