Thursday 15 April 2010

Inspiration!

Well, I have lately been feeling a bit flat when I think of doing some arty creations~I easily seem to fall into pressuring myself into making 'work' and it's then when all creative flow stops and I feel like a shrivelled prune with no juice left!! Or I just get plain too busy! But I recently came across Donna Downey's blog, (thanks Emily for pointing me in her direction!!) and stopped by her 'Inspiration Wednesdays' entries. Well, even though today is thursday, I read just one entry and felt all inspired again!! So, not putting pressure on myself, I picked up my art journal which I have recently started, and the creative juices started to flow again! Yay! I am amazed at how much I am learning about myself at the moment in relation to producing art and just being creative! What a journey! And I feel it's really only just started even though I have been being creative all my life!

What a lot to ponder on! Hmmmm. xxx

2 comments:

  1. I will have to have a look over at that blog!
    see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I wish I could do my art degree all over again with the knowledge I have now & the fact that I feel so much more free to experiment than I did in my early twenties. In many ways it's like I am just starting out. It's good to be creative just for the sake of being creative & for fun isn't it? I think I forgot that recently & got caught up with other people's expectations of me & my own expectations of myself that I have to create some master piece every time etc etc! It is a journey... lots of fun too! Look forward to seeing your next arty instalment! :o)

    ReplyDelete