Friday 29 July 2011

On a roll.


I am really liking this mixed media approach to journalling and I want to keep going with it to see where it leads me! I love the fact that the book I am using to do my experiments in is becoming thicker and thicker and I have long been unable to shut it, and I am just wondering how much fuller it can get!!

Anyway! here are a two more entries: (one of which I did pretty much straight after my last entry, as you can see, it uses the same colours and materials. I just didn't want to waste the things that I had used on my first creation, so used it again! And I rather like it!)

And the other is also using up scraps of things that I have already used previously, and was just about to throw away. Instead I used them to experiment again and see what I could come up with. Happy with that too I'm glad to say!

I am thinking too about using some of my art books that I have in my little collection. I have bought a fair few of these books through my time but looking back I realise that I haven't actually ventured out further than just reading them and thinking "wouldn't that be lovely to use that technique" or "I wish I could do that!" But it is about time I actually started using some of those lush techniques that look so good in my books! So I am hoping to get freed up a bit and explore some more!

I am loving the steps on this journey at the mo!!!

Well, I think that's all for now.
Have a great weekend!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment