Saturday 22 October 2011

The Butterfly Party!


Well, in the calm after the storm, I thought I would take this opportunity to post my little girl's party photo on here while I remember!!! Can't believe she is 5 tomorrow!!!! Time has gone so fast!

Anyway! So, this year she wanted a butterfly party so I thought some crafts would be good as well as some butterfly themed party games. She had 9 guests and they all made butterfly antennae and butterfly face masks, as well as playing the obligatory pass the parcel and musical (butterfly) statues. They all enjoyed colouring and sticking their crafts and palying the games, and of course the party food! I never know how much to make for parties but there was plenty left over so everyone had enough it seems!

The only down side was that I forgot to take a photo of the cake BEFORE it was cut up!!! But I think from the photo you get the jist of what it looked like, and for once, it didn't tak
e too long to decorate which was a relief!


So all I have to do now is wrap up her pressies for her actual birthday tomorrow and decorate the 'birthday chair' with balloons as is our little custom and then we are done!!! Phew! Am glad it's half term next week!!

Have a great evening!
xxx

3 comments:

  1. GLad the party went well. Cake looked fab. Think I am all caked out forever now- got no enthusiasm what so ever to decorate a cake ever again (hence the recent offerings!) Still, the kids have been delighted with them & that's all that matters isn't it? Lots of folk seem to do birthday chairs I have discovered recently. I just about manage to get presents & wrap them never mind decorate a chair or write a card!!! How awful am I??? Ah well! Well done for all your hard work. Glad the birthday girl had a good time with her friends. Do wish her a very happy birthday from us- pressie in post along with a creation or two from Miss AJ that she did at nursery! Bless! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was rated as a very good party in this house as well. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah many thanks both! I only just remembered the card myself, Em! I think that as long as they feel loved then these minor forgettings are graciously forgotten! And your kids are most definitely loved so don't punish yourself!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete