Friday 16 December 2011

Note to Self!

I often make the mistake of feeling that the niggle inside me needs to be filled with a good dose of art~so off I go to the computer to have a nose at others' works of art. But I have come to realise that it is not necessarily that which is needed, neither is it the idea that I need to but the next art tool or book on the market. What I really need to do at those times, is get on and make my own art!!

I forget so often that I just need to make an outlet for all the creativity inside me that I so easily forget about in the daily routine of life and three kids (as lush as they may be, of course!!). I just need to get on with it, because 9 times out of 10 it's just what the doctor ordered and I feel so much better for it!

So, note to self~ remind myself to look at my own blog entry of 16th december and just get on and get creative!!!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Yes but when you haven't got much energy it is so much easier to look at other peoples work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to compare oneself with others or get caught up in the materialistic world we live in & think we must have this & that to make or create, isn't it? I was speaking with Jordan the other day about the internet. He was amazed that I could remember a time when there was no internet! He exclaimed 'But what did you do?!' I said ask people if they knew about what you wanted to know, or go to the library etc etc. It got me thinking about how I get inspired by the blogs & articles I read on the web & what people (& myself) did before everything was available to us at the click of a mouse! My goodness- we survived & even thrived before the internet! It was a bit of a reality check for me! Often I look at other people's work/lives & end up feeling inadequate or discouraged so it isn't always helpful. I guess I need to remember to look to God & look within myself first & take inspiration & security from him. That way I can look at other's work/lives & rejoice WITH them in what they have done without feeling inadequate or discruntled about my own supposed inadequacies or lack of possessions! It's a lesson I am constantly trying to learn...... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughts Em! Agree with it! A hard lesson to learn and re~learn eh but good too! xxx

    ReplyDelete