Thursday 2 February 2012

Hearty Painting!

I love the way children draw, especially when they are very young~their expression is so fresh and innocent, and simple yet captures the essence of what is in their imagination.

I wanted to use a picture that my little girl had drawn a while back, and incorporate it into my own painting somehow. So I set to work on a canvas I had prepared already, with collage and paint as the background.

I am happy with the result and really love the colours too!

Here's her initial drawing~which really I should just frame on its own anyway!



And here is my take on it:


Detail:


Also my latest journal page inspired by a line in a poem by friend, Lizby Warren.

Have a great day!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. WONDERUL!! Love the heart & the inspiration from E's drawing. Love the journal page too. well done! :o)

    ReplyDelete